Ceviche is a seafood dish popular in the Pacific coastal region of Latin America and it is considered a national dish of Peru. It is made from fresh raw fish cured in citrus juice with chopped onions, salt and cilantro.
Thank you to Taylor Kiser for providing this recipe.
- 1/2 Cup onion finely diced
- 1 Cup tomato chopped
- 1/2 lb thawed shrimp meat or baby shrimp
- 1 inch Tilapia fillet cut into 1/2 cubes
- 3/4 Cup Cilantro chopped
- 1 8 oz tin Pineapple tidbits drained
- 1 Small avocado pitted and chopped
- Juice of 3 large limes
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1.5 Tbsps garlic finely minced
- Pepper to taste
In a large bowl,mix shrimp, tilapia cubes and lime juice. Let sit in the fridge 30-45 minutes, until the fish appears white.
While the fish “cooks” chop the onion, tomato, avocado, cilantro, and garlic. Set aside.
Once the fish is done, drain the lime juice. Squeeze the fish a bit to make sure all the excess is gone.
Add all the items you just chopped along with the pineapple, salt, garlic and pepper.