As a DU Global Ambassador, you will share your experiences here with other students and community members. Ambassadors are expected to be friendly and share their enthusiasm for the University of Denver with current and prospective international students. International students and domestic students with extensive international or intercultural experience are encouraged to apply. Your stories of transitioning, studying, living, and achieving will serve as examples for current and potential University of Denver students as they pursue their own studies here. Major duties as a Global Ambassador are:
- Being self-motivated, organized, reliable, and professional.
- Chatting with prospective international students interested in applying to DU.
- Creating original online and print content highlighting student life at the University of Denver.
- Representing the international student experience in student-to-student connections and on student panels.
- Assisting with planning and implementing various international student programs.
- Promoting events to students, faculty, and staff.
- Building relations with students, faculty, staff, and community leaders.
- Being culturally sensitive and having the patience to work with international student applicants over diverse media platforms and in-person.
- Ambassadors are selected per academic year and can renew for following academic years
- A mandatory training session (1 hour)
- Attend the bi-weekly one-hour meetings
- Respond to messages from prospective students throughout the week
- Be available for major campus events, including Culture Fest, New Student Orientation, Winter Carnival, Other Cultural Celebrations
- Develop valuable leadership and communication skills
- Develop friendships with other international students on campus
- Be a student role model to encourage students to develop their potential – both academically and socially
- Training in interpersonal and cross-cultural communication, organizational planning, public speaking, and problem-solving skills
- Enhance your resume with public speaking, event planning, and marketing
- End of year awards for two Global Ambassadors who demonstrate Outstanding Leadership and Outstanding Community Service